From the 1st June 2019, the only fees that a landlord or letting agent can charge their tenants on commencing a contract are:
- A deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over £50,000 per year.
- A holding deposit of no more than one weeks rent.
- Reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs.
- Reasonable charges for breach of contract including late payment of rent after 14 days.
- A charge of no more than £50.00 Inc. VAT for a change of tenancy, such as adding a new person to the tenancy agreement at the tenant’s request.
Still a bit unclear? We’re happy to tell you more, just call us at 020 7384 6790